Having a watch as a Nurse is a NECESSITY. I have had my share of watches for work but the Apple watch has by far been the absolute best watch I could have. I own an iPhone and have only used an iPhone and an Apple Watch so this is strictly for apple users.
Let me tell you why.
- The watch is waterproof (for the most part, depending on which model you get). This is obviously important for a Nurse because all types of bodily fluids get splashed on you and you’re constantly washing your hands. The rubber strap makes it very easy to clean and keep clean while you are at work.
- You can keep your phone in your pocket while you are gowned up, in a patients room, busy doing things, and when you feel your phone vibrate in your pocket, you don’t have to take your gloves off and reach for your phone. You also don’t have to worry about getting your phone dirty all shift and you can check to see if it’s an important message or not that needs to be addressed all through your watch.
- You can use the timer for administering meds or grabbing vitals.
- It tracks your steps, mileage, and flights of stairs during your shift.
- It records your Heart Rate and will chart your high, low, average, resting, and walking heart rate.
- The last feature that I love, that isn’t necessarily used at work, is that I can ping my phone from my watch whenever I put my phone down somewhere and can’t find it. This comes in handy pretty often.
I have the Series 1. Right now it is the cheapest model you can get on Amazon.
You can get the Series 1 here for only $228 w/free shipping-> Series 1 Apple Watch
The series 3 has the GPS function if you care about that and are using it for running/biking.
You can grab the Series 3 on Amazon here for around 350–> Series 3 Apple Watch
Do any of you already use the Apple Watch at work? Let me know what you guys think of it!